[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #81625] History for question on pcp_combine -subtract

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 6 12:12:28 MDT 2017

Dear MET Help,

It appears that pcp_combine in MET v6.0 can subtract 2 GRIB files and automatically deduce the APCP grid from the model GRIB file, but I haven't seen a specific example.

If I'm correct in this assumption, would this example usage work:
pcp_combine -subtract WRF_f03.grb2 03 WRF_f02.grb2 02 OUTPUT_1h-DIFF_onModelGrid.nc

?

OR, do I need to parse out the APCP grids from the GRIB2 files (using wgrib2 utility) prior to running them through pcp_combine?

Thanks for the confirmation,
Jon

Jonathan Case;  Research Meteorologist at ENSCO, Inc./NASA
Short-term Prediction Research and Transition (SPoRT) Center
320 Sparkman Dr., Room 3000B; Huntsville, AL 35805
Emails: Jonathan.Case-1 at nasa.gov<mailto:Jonathan.Case-1 at nasa.gov> (preferred) or case.jonathan at ensco.com<mailto:case.jonathan at ensco.com>
Voice: 256.961.7504  ;  Fax: 256.961.7788
http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/sport/