[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #81842] History for BRIER_NCL and BRIER_NCU Description

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 1 11:38:22 MDT 2017

Good morning,

I have a rather specific question regarding the BRIER_NCL and BRIER_NCU
output values from grid_stat. Looking at table 7.11 wiithin
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/docs/users_guide/MET_Users_Guide_v6.0.pdf,
I'm not sure quantitatively what is meant by "normal upper and lower
confidence limits." Are these confidence limits controlled by the alpha
variable? If possible, I am looking for the 95% confidence interval from
BRIER_NCL and BRIER_NCU.

Thank you again!

Mike

--
Michael J. Erickson

Research Scientist
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
NOAA/NWS/Weather Prediction Center
Phone:  301-683-1546