[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82266] History for Water Level Forecast Verification from the ESTOFS, ETSS, and NGOFS models

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 9 11:24:52 MST 2017

Hi Tara and MET support,

I am in the early stages of a water level verification study that will
attempt to compare gridded ESTOFS, ETSS, and NGOFS model output to
either gridded or point observational ground truth.  I would like to
obtain traditional statistics such as Bias, MAE, Correlation, etc.
Rather than re-invent the wheel and develop lots of coding to output
continuous verification statistics, I was wanting to look at other
options like the MET since I will have a decent number of 12-hour,
24-hour, 36-hour, and 48-hour forecasts.  I would prefer to operate on
my Windows PC if at all possible.  I see that you have a "docker"
option.  I have not used this software but does this offer the ability
to install the MET on a Windows platform using docker? If so, do you
think this would be a viable options for me?  Is there a compiled
version of MET available that could be downloaded to quickly get running?

Besides the MET, are there any other software and/or scripts that I
could use in a Windows environment to produce statistics and plots for
this kind of study?

Thanks.

Mike Buchanan
Science and Operations Officer