[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82818] History for 1 Jan 1970 files written when model fields missing

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 7 14:28:02 MST 2017

Dear MET help,

I'm running MET v6.0 and noticed something odd when doing upper-level verification on my nested WRF domain d02.
First, let me note that I de-activated outputting upper-level fields for my nested grid so I'm only writing upper-level fields to d01.

Given that, when I tried running point_stat on the upper-level fields for d02, instead of ending in an error, point_stat proceeded to write null/0 size output files with a date/time stamp of 1 Jan 1970.  It gave a warning about not finding the fields in the model data.

Is there a way I can ensure that MET will quit with an error instead of writing out all these files when encountering a model field that is not present in the GRIB2 WRF files?

Thanks much,
Jon

Jonathan Case (Jon)
ENSCO, Inc./NASA SPoRT Center
National Space Science and Technology Center
320 Sparkman Drive, Room 3000B
Huntsville, AL 35805
Jonathan.Case-1 at nasa.gov<mailto:Jonathan.Case-1 at nasa.gov> (alt: case.jonathan at ensco.com<mailto:case.jonathan at ensco.com>)