[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80394] History for precompiled met codes in cheyenne?

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon May 15 09:35:25 MDT 2017

Dear Helpdesk,

I wonder whether you have precompiled MET codes in Cheyenne saved
somewhere? If so, can I have access to the codes?

Thank you!

Ming

Subject: precompiled met codes in cheyenne?
From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue May 09 14:05:39 2017

Hi Ming.

Unfortunately, we do not have a precompiled version of MET that is
working
on Cheyenne right now.  I am planning on building and installing the
met-6.0 code on Cheyenne and hope to have that finished by the end of
the
week.  I can follow up with you then to let you know that it is ready,
if
you would like.

Meanwhile, the code is currently available on Yellowstone by running:

module use /glade/p/ral/jnt/MET/MET_releases/modulefiles
module load met

Although, /glade is available on Cheyenne, there are discrepancies
with the
compiler and netcdf versions.

Julie

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 9:48 AM, chenming at ucar.edu via RT

> Tue May 09 09:48:55 2017: Request 80394 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Ticket created by chenming at ucar.edu
>        Queue: met_help
>      Subject: precompiled met codes in cheyenne?
>        Owner: Nobody
>   Requestors: chenming at ucar.edu
>

> Dear Helpdesk,
>
> I wonder whether you have precompiled MET codes in Cheyenne saved
> somewhere? If so, can I have access to the codes?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Ming

Thanks for getting back to me quickly. Yes please let me know after
you
install MET in cheyenne.

Ming

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Tue May 09 14:26:49 2017

Great!  I will follow up with you once the installation is complete.
Thanks for your patience!

Julie

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 2:23 PM, chenming at ucar.edu via RT

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri May 12 15:02:32 2017

Hi Ming.

MET is now available on Cheyenne.

You can access met-6.0 by running the following on Cheyenne:

module use /glade/p/ral/jnt/MET/MET_releases/cheyenne/modulefiles
module load met

Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

From: chenming at ucar.edu
Time: Mon May 15 09:18:47 2017

Dear Julie,

Many thanks for the kind message and help. Happy Monday!

Ming

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Mon May 15 09:34:37 2017

You're welcome.   I'll go ahead and close this ticket for now.  Please
submit a new ticket if you encounter any problems.

Happy Monday to you as well!

Julie

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 9:18 AM, chenming at ucar.edu via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu