[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80657] History for problems compiling MET-V5.2 using grib2

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 1 09:35:30 MDT 2017

I'm trying to compile METv5.2 with GRIB2 file support enabled, but I have
received a lot of errors. Please find attached the config.log and
make_install.log to see the error messages that I got during the
compilation.

I must mention that I followed step by step the indications given in the
user guide regarding the compilation of the external libraries used for
MET. Therefore, I installed the BUFRLIB_v10-2-3, netcdf-3.6.3, gsl-1.14,
freetype-2.6 and g2clib-1.6.0-patch (prior the jasper-1.900.1,
libpng-1.2.56 and zlib-1.2.8 were also installed) libraries using
gfortran-V4.5.1 compiler. All the libraries were successfully installed and
the environmental for MET was set using these libraries.

Even though the libjasper.a is created and exported in the .bashrc as it
follows

“export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH: $HOME/TOOLS/jasper-1.900.1/lib”,

the error that occurs when the binaries should be created looks like this:

/opt/metapps/x86_64/compiler/gcc-4.5.1/bin/ld: cannot find -ljasper

Could be this error related to the errors seen in the config.log files that
looks like

compiler/gcc-4.5.1/bin/ld: cannot find –lfl

compiler/gcc-4.5.1/bin/ld: cannot find -ll ???

If so, could you suggest me how to get rid of these errors?

Since I am a newbie using MET, your help will be highly appreciated.

Best regards.
Mirela