[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79100] History for question about compiling GRIB2 C-Library (UNCLASSIFIED)

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 13 09:56:40 MST 2017

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Unlike zlib, png and jasper which involved the running of ./configure before
running make, unpacking of g2clib failed to produce a configure script. The
README which was produced doesn't seem to provide much info about running
./configure. Is this a problem? The MET tutorial and User's Guide describe
some specific requirement for compiling with or without the option
-D__64BIT, but it is not clear how this option is specified. Could you
clarify on this issue? Also, what are the considerations which would help
the user choose between a configuration with the D__64BIT  option vs a
configuration without it. I am progressing with installing MET V5.2 and
would like GRIB2 support.

Thanks.

R/
John