[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #83062] History for

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 4 10:10:57 MST 2017

I have downloaded the latest MET 6.0 (bug-fix version) and am trying to
install it. It says that "netcdf: No such file or directory" and stops (log
in file make_install.log.0)

I have tried to fix the error, editing the nc_var_info.cc files:
nc_var_info.h, nc_utils.cc, and nc_utils.h.

First I modified I changed #include <netcdf> to #include <netcdf.h>
​ (log in file
make_install.log.
​1​
)​
​In a second attempt I added the line #include <netcdf.hh>
(log in file
make_install.log.
​2​
)​

All my libraries have been compiled using GCC/GFORTRAN 5.4.0
​ ​
and following the instructions of the user guide.

​
Thanks for your help.
​

​
--
JUAN CAMILO HERNÁNDEZ DÍAZ

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Nov 17 11:14:50 2017

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems installing the latest
release of met-6.0.

The error "netcdf: No such file or directory" indicates that MET is
having
a difficult time finding the file "netcdf", which is included in the
NetCDF-CXX
installation.  I see in your config.log that you have defined
MET_NETCDFINC
to be /usr/include and MET_NETCDFLIB to be /usr/lib64.

met-6.0 requires both the NetCDF-C package (netcdf-c-4.4.1.1) and the
NetCDF-CXX package (netcdf-cxx4-4.3.0).

Please take a look at our detailed instructions on our online
tutorial:
https://dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv6.0/tutorial.php?name=compilation&category=req_libs

Here is a quick reference checklist for NetCDF4C++ installation that
you
can use to see if you have the necessary files:

Files for NetCDF4 C:

$MET_NETCDF/include/netcdf.h
$MET_NETCDF/lib/libnetcdf.a
$MET_NETCDF/lib/libnetcdf.so

Files for NetCDF4 C++:

$MET_NETCDF/include/netcdf
$MET_NETCDF/lib/libnetcdf_c++4.a
$MET_NETCDF/lib/libnetcdf_c++4.so

I hope this helps.

Please be aware that most all of our support staff will be out of the
office next week due to the holiday, so reply time could be slow or
delayed.

From: camilo.hernandez at gmail.com
Time: Fri Nov 17 11:44:57 2017

Julia, thanks for your response.

Indeed, I have both versions installed.
/usr/lib64/libnetcdf.so.11.0.4
/usr/lib64/libnetcdf_c++.so.4.2.0

/usr/include/netcdf.h
/usr/include/netcdf.hh
/usr/include/netcdfcpp.h

I will continue testing

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 1:14 PM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

--
JUAN CAMILO HERNÁNDEZ DÍAZ

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Nov 17 11:49:36 2017

Hi.  It looks like you are still missing:

the /usr/include/netcdf file which comes from the installation of
netcdf-c++4 (note the 4 after the ++).

I do not see all of the required files in the list you have provided.
would suggest following the install instructions on our online
tutorial for
the NetCDF4 C and NetCDF4 C++ libraries.

Julie

From: camilo.hernandez at gmail.com
Time: Fri Nov 17 12:57:35 2017

Julie.

Thanks for your help, this seems to be a problem with the NetCDF
library
version. I was working with the latest available.

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

--
JUAN CAMILO HERNÁNDEZ DÍAZ

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Fri Dec 01 08:40:03 2017

Hi.  I just wanted to follow up and see if you have been able to
successfully compile MET?

From: camilo.hernandez at gmail.com
Time: Fri Dec 01 09:40:56 2017

Thanks for being outstanding.

Yes, I have compiled MET. The problem was in the NetCDF version.

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Julie Prestopnik via RT

--
JUAN CAMILO HERNÁNDEZ DÍAZ

From: Julie Prestopnik
Time: Mon Dec 04 10:10:50 2017

Great news!  Thanks for letting us know.  I will go ahead and close
this
ticket.

Julie

camilo.hernandez at gmail.com