[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #81644] History for Adjusting Line Widths on Reliability Diagrams

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 17 11:38:05 MDT 2017

I was wondering if it is currently possible to adjust the line width of the
max skill line on reliability diagrams.  I tried to make it larger by
setting lwd = 3 in the Rscript (see below).  I ran the Rscript on the NCEP
METViewer server but the line width stayed the same - an example plot is
attached.  I also tried changing the color from gray to black just to see
what would happen but the line remained gray.  Perhaps these settings
cannot be modified or they are being overwritten somewhere?

# draw the max-skill line
abline(
a=0, # intercept
b=1, # slope
lty=1, # line type - 0: blank, 1: solid, 2: dashed, 3: dotted, 4: dotdash,
5: longdash, 6: twodash
col="gray", # line color
lend=1, # line end style - 0: rounded, 1: butt, 2: square
cex=1, # line magnification
lwd=1.5, # line width
xpd=FALSE # plot clipping - FALSE: plot, TRUE: figure, NA: device
);

I was also interested in increasing the line width of the reliability
curves themselves to ~5 but it looks like the largest they can be increased
to is 3.

Thanks!
Ben Blake