[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #80209] History for Suggested addition to MET v6.0 tutorial

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 20 12:29:33 MDT 2017

I ran into the exact same issue as Matthew Sittell in trying to compile met-6.0.  From the email thread, and your example, I realized that NetCDF-CXX was missing.  I got NetCDF-C 4.4.1.1, but not NetCDF-CXX.  Once I had that compiled, and installed into the same directory as NetCDF-C 4.4.1.1, MET compiled correctly.

http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/met_help/2017-April/002839.html

I suggest that the tutorial section on NetCDF be augmented by mentioning that both NetCDF-CXX and NetCDF-C are needed.  Also, it appears that netcdf-4.1.3 no longer suffices.  If that is a true statement (was for me), that’s not clear from the tutorial page.

http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv6.0/tutorial.php?name=compilation&category=req_libs

Best,
Rob

--
Robert Fovell
Professor, Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences

Thank you for your suggestions.  We have incorporated these into the
METv6.0 online tutorial and it is now available.  I will close this
ticket. Please let us know if there are any other related issues with
the online tutorial and we can re-open it if necessary.

Regards,
Minna