[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #79763] History for Grid Stat Ensemble Probabiltity Verification Climo Data

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 6 08:52:59 MDT 2017

John, I am converting our ensemble verification over to MET software.   In grid stat, I will be verifying probability data and will use NCEP climo for the reference.  The question I have and I did not find it in the user guide:  will I have to convert the climo file to 1 or 0s - 1 being the threshold in question was met and 0 meaning is wasn't or does MET do this for me automatically?  So if I am verifying wind speeds > 25 knots, can I just provide a climo average wind speed file or do I need to threshold it against 25 knots?

Also, could you place the MET5.2 guide on the FTP server in my directory.  I can't seem to down load it from the met help web site.

Thanks
Bob