[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #78708] History for finding NA bmodel lines with tc_stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 18 09:27:03 MST 2016

I need to count all .tcst lines where amodel >=64 knots and bmodel has no
storm at all.

Back in METv4.1, I used tc_stat, but it doesn't seem to work with met-5.2.

I used tc_stat to filter by adding

-column_thresh amax_wind ge64 -column_str max_wind NA

 to the -job filter.

This worked nicely.  But in met-5.2, it doesn't find these times.  Is "NA"
being treated differently? Is there any way to do it in met-5.2?

Thanks for your time,
Dave