[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #75063] History for compiling problem

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 25 16:19:38 MDT 2016

Dear MET User support,
I'm trying to install MET 5.1 (with bug fix) but the compiling process
fails. The error I obtain is:

Making install in vx_config
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/massi/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_config'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target 'config.tab.yy', needed by '
config.tab.cc'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/met-5.1/src/basic/vx_config'
Makefile:349: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/met-5.1/src/basic'
Makefile:351: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/massi/met-5.1/src'
Makefile:408: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Actually, the file config.tab.yy doesn't exit on my pc.I have installed all
the required libraries and set all the environment variables. I'm using a
debian testing distribution with 4.3.3 kernel. In the config.log (attached
to this mail) I see some "errors" that I presume linked to compilation
error:

/home/massi/met-5.1/lex.yy.c:1186: undefined reference to `yywrap'
/tmp/ccIs9WHZ.o: In function `yylex':
/home/massi/met-5.1/lex.yy.c:884: undefined reference to `yywrap'
/tmp/ccIs9WHZ.o: In function `main':
/home/massi/met-5.1/conftest.l:17: undefined reference to `yywrap'
configure:6326: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h */

but I don't understand how to fix them. I've attached config.log and
make_install.log. Any ideas?

Best regards
Massimiliano Sist