[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #75347] History for Map of Germany

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 3 09:25:56 MST 2016

Dear met_help,

I have used the plot_point_obs utility to plot some observations
over a WRF mesh  (produced by UPP 2.2). I used this command:

plot_point_obs gdas1.t06z.nc out/plot_point_obs/
gdas1.t06z.2016-01-04_WRFMesh.PS -data_file WRFPRS_d02.06

All looks fine, except that the map superimposed on the observation points
is a bit outdated. It is showing a map with East/West Germany (see
attached). Is there a way to change this? Maybe this is related to the data
I am using? The UPP data comes from a simulation done with WRF 3.7.

Thanks heaps in advance for your help.

Carlos