[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #74870] History for Possibility to get co-located forecast and observed values using MET tools

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 27 11:10:08 MST 2016

Hi MET Helper,

I am verifying the WRF-ARW outputs using hourly surface observations obtained from http://rda.ucar.edu/datasets/ds463.3 website.

The MET is awesome for giving me all statists based on stations fall in a region I specified. Is there any way to get collocated forecast and observed values, for example modeled and observed TMP and RH at each date time and station?

I need to have ascii or netcdf file containing station ID, station info (lat, lon), date&time, modeled value, observed value. Can it be done through MET tool? or I have to do something else?
My obtained point observations are GDAS dataset was processed by MET pb2nc tool (see attached file as an example). Your help and guidance on how to convert the dataset to the netcdf format like WRF outputs or plain ascii format will be highly appreciated because I have no clue how to deal with the dataset I have on my hand, an get what I needed.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Tsengel