[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #74813] History for Regrid Options

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 26 12:15:03 MST 2016

John, I am using the regrid option in grid_stat to remap my observation grid (Stage IV) to a specific FCST grid.  In the documentation it says you can specify the grid definition in the to_grid parameter but it doesn't say the format to use.   I assume it is something like this 255 3 342 210 20586 -122243 8 -96000 15000 15000 0 64 60000 30000 but I don't know the specific syntax to use?

Also, science question.  I want to generate FSS stats for the output of our 4km ensemble compared  to  our 20km ensemble.  The obs data is Stage IV.  What is the smartest way to do this - should I remap the 20km FCST to the 4km FCST grid along with the OBS or should I remap the 20km and 4km to the OBS (Stage IV grid)?