[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #73074] History for MET package - Comparison of ungridded time series

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 26 12:18:51 MST 2016

Dear MET support team,
Our lab is working on the capacity of current weather prediction models to apropriately forecast solar irradiance variables. In this frame, I am considering using the MET package.
More precisely, I need to compare measurement time series at a certain point with forecasted solar irradiance at this same point (basically compare 2 ungridded time series). It seems to me that the MET package is essentially addressing the performances of *GRIDDED* forecast data.
Does it also offer the possibility of comparing 2 ungridded time series: 2 time series of point observation of the same physical value, at the same geographical coordinates, but originating from 2 different measurement/modelling sources) ?

Thank you for your help, and congratulations for this outstanding work !

--
Dr. Jean Dubranna
MINES ParisTech, PSL research university
jean.dubranna at mines-paristech.fr