[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #78757] History for pcp_combine -subtract question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 1 11:36:35 MST 2016

Hi met_help,

I'd like to verify different thresholds of forecast temperature anomalies.
I've used regrid_data_plane to put my forecast, observation, and
climatology grids onto one common grid.

I am able to successfully create the observed temperature anomaly grid by
using pcp_combine to subtract the climatology grid from the observation
grid.  However, I receive an error when trying to subtract the climatology
grid from the forecast grid because the initialization times are not the
same:

ERROR  :
ERROR  : do_sub_command() -> init_time1 (20160204_000000) must be equal to
init_time2 (20160214_000000) for subtraction.
ERROR  :

I see in the User's Guide that there is a way to ignore the same initial
time requirement when using the sum command.  Is there a way to ignore the
requirement when using the subtract command?  I'm currently using V5.1.

Thanks,
Dan