[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #76105] History for MODE GRIB file error

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 27 10:53:59 MDT 2016

Good morning,
Is GRIB input for MODE restricted to parameters in "Parameter Table Version 2" only? I ask this because I want to use MODE to identify and compare reflectivity from my forecast and observations and I don't see a related parameter in that table.

When I assign the parameter to "REFO" or "Observed radar reflectivity" from GRIB parameter table version 129 (PDS Octet 4 = 129) variable 210 (from http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/table2.html) I get the following error:

I am getting the following error when attempting to use MET with my GRIB file:
DEBUG 1: Default Config File: /home/mfs/MET/met-5.0/share/met/config/MODEConfig_default
DEBUG 1: Match Config File: MODEConfig_cfdrc
DEBUG 1: Merge Config File: MODEConfig_cfdrc
ERROR  :
ERROR  : VarInfoGrib::set_dict() - unrecognized GRIB1 field abbreviation 'REFO' for table version 2
ERROR  :

I am using the same file as forecast and observation to work on tuning the object definition as mentioned here:
http://mailman.ucar.edu/pipermail/met_help/2013-May/001941.html

Thank you,
Mariana

--
Senior Atmospheric Scientist, Defense Applications Branch
Federal Services Division (FSD)