[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #75962] History for evaluation WRF precipitation with TRMM data by using MET5.1

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 22 15:07:26 MDT 2016

Dear Met Helpers,

    I want to evaluate WRF 3-hourly accumulated precipitation with TRMM by
using MET5.1.

    Now what I have done is:
    1. I have convert WRF precipitation into hourly files by using UPP3.0.
[image: 内嵌图片 1]
    2. I have also convert TRMM3b42.V7 3-hourly data from binary to netcdf
MET can read by using script trmmbin2nc.R.
[image: 内嵌图片 2]
    Now I am guessing I need to do following process:
    1. I need to use pcp_combine with '-subtract' option to derive 3-hourly
model data. But I don't know how to write the definite command, especially
I have many accumulated precipitation at different time points. And I also
want to know whether I should regrid the model data before using
pcp_combine. If I have to, how to regrid it.
    2. Then I should use Grid-Stat to compare model data with trmm data
using regrid at same time. I am also wondering, how to combine these
multi-time data to one data. Then I can run Grid-Stat just once rather than
at different times for example 00z, 03z, 06z 09z.

    Sorry for so many questions. I would very appreciate it if you could
provide to me the information. Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Sincerely,

zhen

--------

LIU Zhen
Institute of Space and Earth Information Science
Fok Ying Tung Remote Sensing Science Building
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, Hong Kong
Email: liuzhen at link.cuhk.edu.hk