[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #73908] History for Problem building MET with grib2 - jasper, etc

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 29 14:21:26 MDT 2015

I'm having a problem building MET when trying to build in grib2 support.  MET builds properly without grib2 (this is met-5.1) but filas on unable to find ljasper.  jasper on our system is in a non-traditional path and make can't find it.  Is there a way to specify the path to jasper lib and jasper include without having to install a copy in a standard place on the system?  I'm thinking of env variables, like MET_GRIB2CLIB and MET_GSL.  Is there a MET-friendly variable to set so that I can point to jasper (and maybe png as well) without having to reinstall?
Thanks in advance for you help in this matter.

George Loriot
Atmospheric Sciences Dept
Lyndon State College
Lyndonville, VT