[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #74115] History for Verification for hydrological catchments

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 25 08:14:05 MST 2015

We are interested in doing a verification of precipitation forecasts after
regridding the forecast and observational data to hydrological catchments
(the same catchments for both forecasts and observations).  From looking
briefly at the MET documentation, it looks like the forecasts must be on a
typical lat/lon grid for the software to work.  Am I understanding this
correctly?  Is there any way to use the software to calculate verification
statistics on forecasts / observations that are for catchments instead of a
lat / lon grid?

Thanks,
Emily