[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #74073] History for Can't find libgsl.so.0

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 11 11:17:30 MST 2015

I recently installed MET 5.1 and upon trying to run point-stat and
grid-stat tools I get this error:
"error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory"
I know this means I didn't configure MET correctly to find the gsl library,
however I see the libgsl.so file in the directory that I set as an
environmental variable when configuring it: "setenv MET_GSLLIB
/home/Shannon.McElhinney/GSL/gsl-1.9/lib".  Here is the content of that
directory:
libgsl.a              libgslcblas.so@       libgsl.la*
libgsl.so.0.10.0*
libgslcblas.a         libgslcblas.so.0@     libgsl.so@            pkgconfig/
libgslcblas.la*       libgslcblas.so.0.0.0* libgsl.so.0@

Do you know how I can point MET to this correctly?

Best,
--
Shannon Rees
Programming Scientist