[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71926] History for ticket 71901 SAL

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 20 09:19:29 MDT 2015

Hi John. Pls also tell me about the SAL. is it implemented in MET???How is this method different from the MODE and CRA etc.
Geeta

Subject: ticket 71901 SAL
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Wed May 13 15:13:43 2015

Geeta,

Sorry for the delay on this one.  I referred it to one of our
statisticians, but she's been out of the office.

SAL is not implemented in MET.  We are familiar with the method, and
it was
included in a spatial methods inter-comparison project in which I
participated:
   http://www.ral.ucar.edu/projects/icp/

However, I don't know all the details about the method, and I can't
give
you a clear answer on how it compares to the other methods.

Here's a link to a paper describing the application of SAL to the
inter-comparison project:
   http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/2009WAF2222271.1

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Geeta Geeta via RT