[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71833] History for Running MET with single radar verification

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 20 09:19:00 MDT 2015

I am trying to do some verification of my WRF-ARW data using a single radar
as "truth" data. I have put my WRF output through UPP and have a grib
output, but I'm unsure about where to go from here (I'm actually very
unsure if I set the levels in UPP's wrf_cntrl.parm correctly). I have gone
through the MET tutorial, but I still have some doubt about how to use MET
when dealing with radar data.

I gridded the radar data using Radx and it is in a netCDF (CF-compliant)
format but am unsure if MET can handle this format or if I will have to
process this file further.

Could you please tell me if I'm headed in the right direction, if there is
anything I should watch out for, and/or if there are any additional
resources related to this type of verification?
Thank you,
Mariana