[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71486] History for Run MET verification tool

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri May 1 13:55:12 MDT 2015

Dear MET developers:

We are scientists from ASRC SUNY, who are trying to use your MET tool to evaluate our model results.

Here is a problem we want to consult. After we successfully compiled the MET exec, when run the make test, here comes the following messages for all exec:

*** Running Gen-Poly-Mask to generate a polyline mask file for the Continental United States ***
gen_poly_mask: error while loading shared libraries: /opt/pgi/linux86-64/14.2/libso/libpgftnrtl.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Can this problem be solved by different compile option (right now we use gcc, pgf90, gfortran etc.)? Or it is the system setup issue? Or any experience before?

Please let us know if there is any suggestion, thank you.

Cheers,
Sheng-Po Chen

Sheng-Po Chen, Ph. D.
Research Scientist
Atmospheric Sciences Research Center
State University of New York at Albany
Tel: (518) 437-8633 <tel:%28518%29%20437-8633>
e-mail: schen21 at albany.edu <mailto:g9363113 at gmail.com>