[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #70329] History for verification of a thunderstorm event.

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 27 09:35:27 MST 2015

Hi John.
I am trying to verify the results of my thunderstorm simulations using the neighborhood methods. This event will have RF over an area say 10 -20 locations with varying intensities.

The question that I am trying to find out is "whether the same is reproduced by the model or not???. To be more detailed, I would like to know if these intensities are reproduced. They may be displaced as expected from the model FCST field.

So I read that Upscaling is the basic method. But using this and computig POD etc may not be so relevant.
My questions are------------
1. what other neighborhood method will be most relevant in this case???
2. so If I am using Multievent Contingency Table, which is Single Observation and Neighborhhod FCST, How will my configuration file look like???

Thanks
Geeta