[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #73115] History for GSL errors for MET

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 27 12:22:09 MDT 2015

I compiled GSL library using icc on the new NOAA’s computer Theia but several checks fail:

linalg
specfunc
poly
ode-initval2
multiroots

Are the above parts of the library important to MET?

Thanks,
Mariusz

Subject: GSL errors for MET
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Tue Aug 25 09:39:06 2015

Mariusz,

No, I don't think MET utilizes any of those pieces of GSL.

FYI - MET version 5.0 is already compiled on theia here:
   /scratch4/BMC/dtc/MET/met-5.0

That path, along with what you'd need to add to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
are
listed at the bottom of this page:
   http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/index.php

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Mariusz Pagowski via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu
> wrote:

> Mon Aug 24 22:33:01 2015: Request 73115 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Ticket created by Mariusz.Pagowski at noaa.gov
>        Queue: met_help
>      Subject: GSL errors for MET
>        Owner: Nobody
>   Requestors: Mariusz.Pagowski at noaa.gov

> I compiled GSL library using icc on the new NOAA’s computer Theia
but
> several checks fail:
>
> linalg
> specfunc
> poly
> ode-initval2
> multiroots
>
> Are the above parts of the library important to MET?
>
> Thanks,
> Mariusz

In case I have to mess up with MET code I almost installed it but am
missing freetype

freetype/config/ftheader.h"
  #include <freetype/config/ftheader.h>

How did you set up up this include file and cairo if I need it?

Thanks,
Mariusz

<met_help at ucar.edu

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Tue Aug 25 10:37:03 2015

Mariusz,

Looks like I did not enable mode_grapics for that build, and that's
the
piece that requires freetype.  You can see the options I used by
looking at
the file "met-5.0/config.log"

> head -10 /scratch4/BMC/dtc/MET/met-5.0/config.log | grep prefix

  $ ./configure --prefix=/scratch4/BMC/dtc/MET/met-5.0 --enable-grib2
--enable-modis

Is the mode graphics something you will need?

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Mariusz Pagowski via RT
<met_help at ucar.edu

From: Mariusz Pagowski
Time: Tue Aug 25 10:40:22 2015

John,
I am not sure at this point, wanted to compile it all but might need
to skip that part now.
Mariusz

<met_help at ucar.edu