[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71608] History for fail to compile MET5.0

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 17 12:13:02 MDT 2015

      I was trying to compile MET5.0 using gnu compiler.
I used gcc version 4.7.3, netcdf version 3.6.0 and gsl version 1.14.
Below is my environment setup:
setenv MET_NETCDF /nasa/netcdf/3.6.0/gcc
setenv MET_BUFRLIB /nobackupp8/yliu15/MET/BUFRLIB
setenv MET_GSL  /nasa/gsl/1.14/

When I compiled the MET5.0, I get the error message as  "g++: error: unrecognized option '-R'".
I have tried different version of gun compiler and all got the similar error message.
I asked IT and they told me that it is very likely a bug in configure file or Makefile rather than compiler issue.
I have no idea how to solve this problem. Would you please take a look of four files that I attached with this email and let me know how can I make this work.
Thank you very much!

Karry