[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #71632] History for tc_pairs execution timing

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 27 12:21:11 MDT 2015

Hi there,

I'm finding that tc_pairs takes quite a long time to execute, even if there
are only a few times in the adeck file. When I thin
an adeck down to just one forecast (only one initial time), it's only
slightly faster than including all forecasts (27 seconds vs. 29
seconds), even though the adeck file size shrinks from 7.6MB to 2.1KB. This
doesn't seem right. Is there any way that tc_pairs can
be sped up? I thought it might be my compiler, so I also tried compiling on
another machine using a different compiler, but it didn't
make much difference.

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew Penny