[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #59040] History for Interest funtion

Randy Bullock via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 14 10:38:22 MDT 2015

I would like to have more information about how the information threshold is computed in the MODE tool.

I have looked to the PDF documentation, but I still wonder what equation it gives at the end with the weight that I give to he different variables.

Also, in the documentation there is approximately the same explanation for every variable. Which looks like this :

centroid_dist = (
( 0.0, 1.0 )
( 60.0/grid_res, 1.0 )
( 600.0/grid_res, 0.0 )
);

Does this mean that there is three options. Can you explain this more thoroughly?

Thanks
Anna-Belle Filion