[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69026] History for Prate etc?

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 29 14:07:13 MDT 2014

Dear Helpdesk,

I run UPP to process wrfout (at regular lat-lon grid) and generate GRIB
format data. However, we found that precipitation rate (PRATE) is zero
everywhere in the WRFPRS files, and the pressure at the cloud top/base
is a uniform value of -5000.

I am not sure what is wrong and how to fix the problem. Can someone help
look at the issue?

The run script is located at /glade/scratch/chenming/UPP/run_wrfpost_v35.ksh
The original wrfout file is saved at /glade/scratch/chenming/UPP/wrfprd
The results of unipost is sved at
/glade/scratch/chenming/UPP/postprd/WRFPRS*

Thanks advance for your help!

Ming