[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69307] History for changes in object identification between METv2.0 and METv4.1

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 13 11:06:05 MDT 2014

I'm in the process of upgrading from METv2.0 to METv4.1 and I've noticed
some differences in the way objects are identified between the two
versions.  Specifically, METv4.1 has a tendency to not identify as many
small objects, and the interest value seems to be slightly lower overall
for most matched pairs.  I know METv4.1 included a fix to a problem that
was discovered with the way object areas were being calculated.  Is this
most likely the cause of the differences I'm seeing, or is something else
going on?

Thanks,
Faye

--