[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #69196] History for Questions about PREPBUFR DATA in MET

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 6 09:29:06 MDT 2014

Dear Officer,

I'm trying to use MET to convert Prepbufr data to NC format, I can run the /pb2nc  successfully on the conventional Prepbufr data provided by NCEP/NCAR, but when I tried to use this program on Tail Doppler Radar(TDR) Prepbufr data, the following errors appears:

EBUG 1: User Config File: tutorial/config/PB2NCConfig_tutorial

DEBUG 1: Creating NetCDF File: tutorial/out/pb2nc/tutorial_pb.nc

DEBUG 1: Processing PrepBufr File: data/sample_obs/prepbufr/gdas1.t12z.tldplr.tm00.bufr_d

DEBUG 1: Blocking PrepBufr file to: /tmp/tmp_pb2nc_blk_11947_0

DEBUG 2: PrepBufr Time Center: 20100902_100000

DEBUG 2: Searching Time Window: 20100902_093000 to 20100902_103000

DEBUG 2: Processing 936513 PrepBufr messages...

ERROR  :

ERROR  : process_pbfile() -> the observation time should remain the same for all PrepBufr messages: 1283425200 != 1283421600

ERROR  :

Could you please tell me what is this error mean, and how to solve this problem?

In addition, I would like to consult you whether MET is installed in Jet server? I have compiled most of the application of MET by myself, but I can't compile the modis regrib and the graphics part of MET successfully in Jet server.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to hear from you soon!

Best wishes,

Shixuan