[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #68124] History for Errors with Compiling METv4.1 Due to GSL Issues

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 3 12:30:56 MDT 2014

Greetings,

I am trying to compile METv4.1, but I'm not sure what the settings for
GSL_BASE, GSL_INCS and GSL_LIBS should be.  I downloaded GSL_BASE into
/home/gempak/gsl-1.16 (and did what appears to be a successful
installation), but that doesn't have the include or lib directories.  It
appears new files were placed in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib when
installing GSL, so I tried these settings in user_defs_gnu.mk:

GSL_BASE = /home/gempak/gsl-1.16
GSL_INCS = -I$/usr/local/include
GSL_LIBS = -L$/usr/local/lib

However, when I do the "make > & make_met.log &" command, I get a lot of
error messages like this:

/usr/local/lib/libgsl.a(psi.o): In function `psi_complex_rhp':
/home/gempak/gsl-1.16/specfunc/psi.c:524: undefined reference to `ceil'

The same thing happens if I set GSL_INCS = -I$/usr/local/include/gsl

Any ideas (or files I should send you)?

Thanks,
Brandt