[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #63076] History for question about percentiles of the errors.

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 14 14:22:39 MDT 2013

Dear:

I want to plot the box plots using the percentiles of the errors in NCl.
It need the extreme minimum, the extreme maximum and the median of each timeseries.
but the MET just output 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, and 90th percentiles of the error
including bootstrap upper and lower confidence limits.
so my question :
1.how can get the the extreme minimum, the extreme maximum and the median of each timeseries.
2.the user's guide told the percentiles of the errors can provide more information than can be obtained
from the mean and standard deviations of the error, but it is different between the mean error and the standard deviations error in output(table 4-6). I am confused about which error the percentiles of the errors be obtained from in MET output.

Hoping your replay!

Best wishes!

Qiang