[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #64363] History for VSDB Software

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 21 11:38:02 MST 2013

 I am a new user and wondering where I can find VSDB software package for
download ?

Thanks.

 Partha

Subject: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #64363] VSDB Software
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Thu Nov 21 10:41:02 2013

Partha,

Here is the website for the Model Evaluation Tools (MET) software
package:
    http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users

The software is freely available and can be retrieved from the
"Download" option from the left-hand side of that page.

I see that you've referenced "VSDB" in your email.  VSDB stands for
Verification Statistics Database.  The MET tools were originally
adapted from the verification tools used at NCEP.  VSDB is the name
of the output columnar ASCII format used by the NCEP verification
tools.  In early versions of MET, we also called the output files
VSDB.  However MET's output file format really is different from
NCEP's VSDB files, so to avoid confusion, we changed the suffix for
the MET output files from .vsdb to .stat.

Hope that helps get you going.  You may also find the online tutorial
for MET to be helpful:
    http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv4.1/index.php

met_help at ucar.edu

On 11/19/2013 01:12 PM, Partha Bhattacharjee - NOAA Affiliate via RT
wrote:

> Tue Nov 19 13:12:35 2013: Request 64363 was acted upon.
> Transaction: Ticket created by partha.bhattacharjee at noaa.gov
>         Queue: met_help
>       Subject: VSDB Software
>         Owner: Nobody
>    Requestors: partha.bhattacharjee at noaa.gov
>   Ticket <URL:

>   I am a new user and wondering where I can find VSDB software
package for
> download ?
>
> Thanks.
>
>   Partha