[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #60868] History for ASCII2NC tool help: open_met_ascii() error

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri May 24 10:29:00 MDT 2013

Hello!
I am trying to run the ASCII2NC tool in MET. Here is the command I used:

./bin/ascii2nc ./meowsers/ATNC1_testformat.csv
./meowsers/ATNC1_testformat.nc -v 2

This is what came up when I ran it:

DEBUG 1: Creating NetCDF Observation file: ./meowsers/ATNC1_testformat.nc
DEBUG 1: Reading ASCII Observation file: ./meowsers/ATNC1_testformat.csv
ERROR  :
ERROR  : open_met_ascii() -> line number 0 doesn't contain the expected
number of columns (10):
N_items        = 11
N_chars        = 512
N_ints         = 100
LineNumber     = 1

Item[ 0]       = "ADPSFC"
Item[ 1]       = "ATNC1"
Item[ 2]       = "20090824_233200"
Item[ 3]       = "34.4464"
Item[ 4]       = "241.8033"

Item[ 5]       = "792.48"
Item[ 6]       = "11"
Item[ 7]       = "-9999"
Item[ 8]       = "-9999"
Item[ 9]       = "305.95"

"tem[10]       = "

Using the met_help archive information, I have already replaced the
comma-delimiters in the .csv file to space-delimiters. Not really sure what
is the problem from here. Would you like me to send you any files to see
what's going on?

I look forward to your response. Thank you in advance.

Rie Onodera