[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #61157] History for No matching pairs

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu May 2 10:34:31 MDT 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to use the point stat tool of METv4.0 in order to compare surface observations from meteorological stations around Greece to WRF-ARW model output.
After doing the steps required (I think), I get no matching pairs. Do you have any idea what happens?

The steps I take are:
1. Making the ascii file in the format required by ascii2nc (observation_for_met.txt)
2. Running ascii2nc and outputing file observation.nc
3. Running run_unipost (UPP) for converting the wrf output (wrfout_d01_2006-01-01_23) to grib unstaggered grid (WRFPRS_d01.19)
4. Running point_stat with inputs the UPP output file (WRFPRS_d01.19), the observation file (observation.nc), the configuration file (PointStatConfig_test) and the output folder with the -v 2 option.

The output files generated are empty (only headers) and I see the message that 0 pairs were used (log file).

Please tell me where to download the refered files, if you need it.

Thanks a lot,

Dr Emmanouil George
PhD in Atmospheric Physics/Meteorology