[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #61567] History for Bug setting Mercator Scan Mode

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 6 09:34:06 MDT 2013

I wanted to pass along some information I uncovered after grid_stat
failed to compare two like Mercator grids.

There is a bug at line 800, character 33 of the data2d_grib2.cc file of
METv4.0, which sets the scan mode for the Mercator projection. That
character should be a '5', instead of a '4'.  The line should correctly
read:
> ScanMode = gfld->igdtmpl[15];

Let me know if you have questions.

Best,