[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #57994] History for grid-stat and ensemble forecasts

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 25 08:06:39 MDT 2012

I am using MET4.0 to verify gridded forecasts of precipitation over the
CONUS.
Verification and forecasts are in the same grid and in netcdf.
The forecasts  were initialized 4 times per day (00, 06, 12 and 18UTC)
during 15 December 2004 - 8 January 2005.
I have no problems running Grid-Stat on the entire sample of forecasts, i.e.
forecasts are treated as deterministic.

However, I would like to consider the 4 initializations per day as an
ensemble (i.e. 4 members for each day). It is not clear how to do it since I
am only performing gridded verification. Should I use Ensemble Stat?

The other question is: can I still use Stat-Analysis tool to summarize the
outputs of Grid-Stat even though I am not running Point-Stat and Wavelet
tools?

Thanks again for the help,

Charles.

Dr. Charles Jones
Researcher
Earth Research Institute (ERI)
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3060

phone: (805) 893-5824
fax:   (805) 893-2578
email:  <mailto:cjones at icess.ucsb.edu> cjones at eri.ucsb.edu