[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #54876] History for Problem running UPP (memory fault)

Anne Holmes via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 5 11:05:14 MST 2012

1. I have problems running the UPP after compiling successfully using
GNU/Linux gfortran.

Running unipost.exe from the script ./run_unipost throws the
following error. I have checked the WRF
forum<http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2792>.
Although there are similar cases reported, a bug
fix<http://www.dtcenter.org/wrf-nmm/users/overview/wpp_fixes.php>has
only been suggested for intel compiler, but not the gfortran. Please
help. Thanks! (I have tried both WPP and UPP, they both give the same
memory fault error).

2. Also, if I want to verify some surface precipitation analyses data (that
I have formatted into netcdf myself) against WRF history file, do I need to
put that surface precipitation analyses data (in netcdf) through the
UPP/WPP and copygb as well?

+ rm fort.110 fort.14
+ ln -sf wrf_cntrl.parm fort.14
+ ln -sf griddef.out fort.110
+ /home/ee11rbr/UPPV1.0/bin/unipost.exe
+ 1> unipost_d01.012.out 2>& 1
*./run_unipost: line 160: 40253: Memory fault*
+ mv WRFPRS012.tm00 WRFPRS_d01.012
mv: cannot stat `WRFPRS012.tm00': No such file or directory
+ ls -l WRFPRS_d01.012
ls: cannot access WRFPRS_d01.012: No such file or directory

Warm Regards,
Raizan