[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #56984] History for Neighbourhood method for grid-stat tool

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 14 07:46:43 MDT 2012

When using the cov_thres[] in the neighbourhood method to calculate
traditional contingency table statistics:

Are only the forecast grids subjected to the algorithm/calculations that
use cov_thres[] (i.e., to define yes/no forecast within the search window)?

Or do the observation grids have to go through the "transformation" to
define within that window if it's a yes/no observation as well?

In other words, is it the case that only the observation value at the
centre the window is chosen to be compared to the "transformed" forecast
grids?

Thanks,
Raizan