[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #56967] History for Help i try to use MET to verify data precipitation model from weather radar

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 27 14:24:03 MDT 2012

To: Developmental Testbed Center - MET

Hello,

My name is Sebastian Paez, i am doing my master thesis at the University of Stuttgart. I am generating a precipitation forecast model based
on radar images (as 3darrays) from the DWD (German Weather Service). I want to use MET to verify my models with observations from DWD.
The information from DWD is provided as HFD5 file, which I transformed to NetCDF3 format using the pacakge NetCDF-python.

I installed MET and run the tutorial without big problems. But when i want to use my .nc files I got this error:

 Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> unsupported gridded data file type "4"

Could you tell me if it's possible to use MET with my data. I am attaching to this e-mail my .nc file in case you wanna check it.

I hope you can help me to figure out if it's worth to continue with trying with MET as verification tool.

Thanks in advance

Sebastian Paez
WAREM - University of Stuttgart