[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #57447] History for METv2.0 question

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 27 14:22:49 MDT 2012

My name is Kenneth James, and I'm a meteorologist at the
Hydrometeorological Prediction Center, National Weather Service, Camp
Springs, MD.  We use METv2.0 for object oriented verification of our
precipitation forecasts.   We find it extremely useful and informative, and
are grateful for your contributions.  We display and interpret our
forecasts in inches rather than millimeters, and was wondering if it is
possible to convert the units used in the MODE display from millimeters to
inches?  We use both grib and netcdf file types.  Any assistance you can
provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kenny James