[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #57158] History for compilation problem

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 9 13:22:31 MDT 2012

Dear MET team,

I have problems compiling the MET source. I have attached the
compilation output file. Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Oscar

Subject: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #57158] compilation problem
From: Paul Oldenburg
Time: Tue Jun 26 14:57:21 2012

Oscar,

You need to tell the linker the location of the curl library on your
system.  One way to do this is to find it, perhaps
using the find command, and then add its location to the list of
CXX_LIBS in your user_defs.mk file.  On my system, it
is located in /usr/lib, so I would add it like this:

CXX_LIBS       = -L/usr/lib

If the curl library has not been installed on your system, you must do
so first and then specify the location.

Was your instance of NetCDF compiled using the same compiler family as
you are trying to compile MET with
(/opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/064/bin/intel64/icpc)?  Also, make sure that
you are disabling NetCDF4 when building the
NetCDF instance that you link from MET.  Instructions on how to do
this can be found on the MET website Online Tutorial
(http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv3.1/compilation/req_libs.php).
In particular, use the
following line to configure the NetCDF instance before compiling it:

./configure --prefix=/netcdf/install/path --disable-netcdf-4

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul