[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #59574] History for MET v2.0: PointStat not able to verify WDIR

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 19 09:39:50 MST 2012

To whom it may concern:

I am trying to use PointStat (MET version 2.0) to verify a variety of
fields, one of which is wind direction (Grib code = 31). The User's Guide
and the default PointStat config file indicate a table online (
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/table2.html) containing all
the fields I should be able to verify. But, when I actually run PointStat,
it exits with an error message saying that PointStat cannot be used to
verify WDIR. Is this correct? Are there any known work-arounds?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Kiana

Kiana Ross
MTS - Navigation and Geopositioning Department
Systems Engineering Division
The Aerospace Corporation

Email: Kiana.Ross at aero.org
Office: (310) 336-1141