[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #57660] History for Segmentation Fault METv4.0

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 1 08:24:06 MDT 2012

I'm attempting to run grid_stat and I am receiving a segmentation fault
after grid_stat finds the first Grib record match.

I have two grib1 files, both having been regridded via copygb.  The
second file (blah.grb) was converted to grib1 from grib2 via cnvgrb
before regridding, while the first file
(wrfpost_d01_2009-08-15_06:00:00_regrid.Grb) is a regridded UPPv1.0
output file.

METv4.0 was compiled without grib2 support on Linux whiteout
2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 16:22:28 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux
running Debian 6.0.4 with the pgcc compiler.

The command line issued was:

METv4.0/bin/grid_stat
/d1/anewman/wrf/nepal_nest/postprd/pres_sfc/wrfpost_d01_2009-08-15_06:00:00_regrid.Grb
/d1/anewman/wrf/nepal_nest/cfs_r/blah.grb ./config/GridStatConfig -v 1000

I've attached my config file and the grid_stat verbose output.  I can
put the grib files onto scratch if you'd like.

Thanks,
Andy

--
Andy Newman