[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #55655] History for Apology for confusion

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 10 14:05:55 MDT 2012

I think I understand what is going on. I've actually installed v3.0.1,
which is the version available when I downloaded it, but it was replaced
with v3.1 only a week later.

I ended up reading the latest documentation on the web for v3.1 (without
realising I'm running v3.0.1) which suggests v3.1 supports grib2.
Basically I have been trying to put grib2 files through the old version
and I understand that the grib codes are very different. Having checked
the documentation for the two versions, I do wonder why the section
describing grib_ptv is unchanged between the versions?

Anyway, I am now busy downloading the LATEST version and will
install/compile it, and try again.

Regards
Marion

--
Dr Marion Mittermaier     Manager: Model diagnostics and novel
verification

Met Office   FitzRoy Road   Exeter   EX1 3PB   United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 884830   Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681
E-mail: marion.mittermaier at metoffice.gov.uk  http://www.metoffice.gov.uk

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/people/marion-mittermaier