[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #51051] History for error at the time of use make command for METv3.0 in Linux machine using ifort and icc compiler

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 15 09:02:37 MST 2011

Dear Sir
     I was tried to install MET V3.0 in our LINUX machine with *ifort* and *
icc* compilers. I have successfuly installed BUFRLIB and GSL. I have done
the following steps as given in the online tutorial. Also I have attached
the make_met.log file for ur kind verification and useful suggestion.

*cp METv2.0/Makefile_intel Makefile
set the compiler paths correctly
also set the paths of the libraries
and tried to run the command
# make >& make_met.log &
It fails with some error as below

/opt/intel/cce/10.0.026/bin/icc time_series.cc -Wall -Wshadow -static   -c
-I..
/opt/intel/cce/10.0.026/bin/icc stat_job.cc -Wall -Wshadow -static   -c -I..
-I/shome/2007asz8296/GSL/gsl-1.9/include
../vx_gsl_prob/gsl_cdf.h(17): catastrophic error: could not open source file
"gsl/gsl_cdf.h"
  #include "gsl/gsl_cdf.h"
                          ^

compilation aborted for stat_job.cc (code 4)
make[3]: *** [stat_job.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** [vx_analysis_util_all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [libs] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanking you
with regards